Today’s free book is “The Church”, from the Handbooks for Bible Classes and Private Students series. The author was Professor of Church History at Free Church College in Aberdeen, Scotland. My thanks to Book Aid for making a copy of this public domain title available for digitisation.
William Binnie [1823-1886], The Church. Handbooks for Bible Classes and Private Students. Edinburgh: T & T Clark, n.d. Hbk. pp.152. [Click here to visit the download page for this title]
Table of Contents
- What is the Church? And where is it to be found?
- Christ and the Church
- The Chief End of the Church
- The Christian Ordinances
- What may appoint Ordinances?
- The Word
- The Sacrament a) Baptism; The Lord’s Supper
- Prayer, Praise, and the Benediction
- Giving to the Lord
- Church Discipline
- The Sabbath
- The Polity of the Church